EB-4 Petitions for Religious Workers
The EB-4 visa preference category is reserved for special immigrants. Special
Employment Based Immigration
immigrants eligible for fourth preference category of visas are:
• Religious workers;
• Special Immigrant Juveniles;
• Certain broadcasters;
• Certain retired officers or employees of a G-4 international organization or NATO-6 civilian employees and their family members;
• Certain employees of the U.S. government who are abroad and their family members;
• Members of the U.S. armed forces;
• Panama Canal company or Canal Zone government employees;
• Certain physicians licensed and practicing medicine in a U.S. state as of Jan. 9, 1978;
• Afghan or Iraqi translators or interpreters;
• Iraqis who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government; and
• Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government or International Security Assistance Force
The EB-4 Petition Process
In most cases, the employer must file a Form I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. Some employees may self-petition without an employer. A Labor Certification is not required.
It is important to speak to an experienced immigration attorney to learn if you qualify for the Employment based 4th preference category of green card.
“I help people from all over the world live and work in the United States.
Start your immigration journey with me by scheduling a consultation.” – Immigration Attorney Ingrid B. Perez